Why Visit Antarctica?
Why go to Antarctica? Why is antarctica a great place to visit? Because if you are looking for a holiday, voyage or adventure with a difference you can not go past Antarctica. Why visit a cold extreme place like Antarctica? you may ask, well it really is the last mostly unexplored frontier on earth. Everything about Antarctica is unspoiled, it is pristine and has some of the most awesome scenery and wildlife on this planet.
If you have ever dreamed about working in Antarctica, then don’t dream anymore, the opportunities are out there. Check out the employment agencies in your country, most (not all) but most countries have a station or base in Antarctica, and they are always looking for trades persons, chefs, utilities, etc. to maintain and upgrade the stations / bases so the scientists can go there and do their research.
As a tourist you will see a part of the world that is at best difficult to get to. The wildlife is diverse and largely unique to the locale. Antarctica is a photographers paradise – the icebergs, the penguins, the whales, the numerous birds, the seals, in general the wildlife, the spectacular sunsets.
Having worked and lived in Antarctica and Sub-Antarctica for over two years I can truly say that it gave me a different sense of reality. I will have great memories of the place that will be with me for ever. All of the tourists I spoke to that visited the stations and I met on cruise ships have all said that visiting Antarctica is a real eye opener and great adventure.
So below I put have together some reasons why you should go to Antarctica for your next cruise or holiday:
Ten reasons why you should Travel to Antarctica for your next Cruise or Vacation
- Because it’s there, and it is way different to any other place you will ever visit in the world.
- There are heaps of penguins – King penguins, Emporer penguins, Adelie penguins, Gentoo penguins, Rockhopper penguins, Royal penguins, Macaroon penguins, Chinstrap penguins, and more.
- Incredible birdlife to observe and photograph.
- Icebergs – big ones, little ones, castellated ones, blue ones, green ones, odd shape ones, awesome ones.
- Experience first hand the extreme conditions and terrain the first Antarctic explorers had to tackle. Famous explorers like – Shackleton, Mawson, Amundsen and Scott, just to name a few.
- An incredible sense of peace and freedom as you take in the pristine environment.
- Experience nature at it’s unspoiled best.
- A cruise with a difference – ride the waves and crunch through the ice on an ice breaker.
- See a whale or two or three, see and photograph the majestic grace of these huge sea mammals.
- See Antarctica before all the ice melts! – but hurry!
Hopefully number ten won’t become a reality, but you never know, so look after your planet just in case!
© 2011 – 2012, Haich. All rights reserved.